Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Forty Is Fabulous, Folks!

My 40th birthday was...fabulous! What a great day I had. Wowsie, wowsie, woo! My friends Liz & Pat drove down from Mesa and we had a fun lunch at Claim Jumper. They spent the afternoon with me and we enjoyed walking through the mall, a treat from Starbucks, and lots of laughing! Much fun was had before they sped away to Mesa in Liz's cute sports car.


Nathan, Jackson & I celebrated a wonderful birthday dinner at Olive Garden with 20 friends and family members. We had great service, great food, great birthday cake, lots of birthday candles (Nathan thought he'd be cute and put 48 candles on my cake - hey, I'm not that old yet!), and a great time!


Besides all the festivities, I received lots of lovely birthday cards, e-cards, text messages, and phone calls (not to mention some cash and a few Starbucks gift cards. Right on!). Oh yeah, and FLOWERS! What girl doesn't like flowers? Adorning my entertainment center today are three beautiful bouquets of flowers. Am I a lucky girl or what?Beautiful fresh cut flowers from my beloved husbandTulips from my best friend Laurie in GeorgiaMulti-colored roses from Scott, Sheli, TyAnne & Parker

In addition, Brent & Jessica gave me a cool glass jar with tulip bulbs that will eventually become beautiful tulips! I'll post a picture soon and keep you updated on their progress. I've been told when these tulips bloom, they will knock my socks off!

So thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who thought of me and made my birthday so very special! My life is truly blessed. Amen!

2 comments:

Alli said...

Hey Jill! Guess what. I've decided to take a chance and see how well I do at blogging. You're right, it was easy to set up. I just have to now keep it up to date.

Unknown said...

Baby... you look fabulous at 40. I love you.