Thursday, April 5, 2007

U-V-U-L-A

u·vu·la [yoo-vyuh-luh]
–noun

the small, fleshy, conical body projecting downward from the middle of the soft palate.
(We refer to it as the "hangy-downy-thingy" in the back of your throat!)

We all have one, but Nathan's uvula is now half the size it was three days ago. He had outpatient surgery Tuesday afternoon to remove a portion of his uvula which had a growth on it. The ear, nose & throat doctor who performed the surgery didn't think it was anything to be concerned about. He also didn't tell Nathan how much pain he'd be in! Pray that God works a miracle and that Nathan will be able to preach this Sunday (at this point he can barely whisper). You know what makes it feel better? ICE CREAM! Bring on the vanilla shakes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll keep Nathan in my prayers! I wish him a quick recovery. Love, Hafida

The Coffey Grounds said...

Tell Nathan we are thinking of him and praying that he will be preaching Easter Sunday. Wow I forgot the other night to look down his throat at Flancer's. That was goin to be our entertainment rememeber? Speedy recovery Nathan.

joaniegirl said...

hey nate -
hope the pain has lessened and you're feeling much better today. you're in our prayers. we love you,
gene, joanie & levi

Anonymous said...

I was surprised to hear about Nathan's surgery. I guess we didn't know there was a problem with "hangy down". Tell Him we are praying he will feel much better before he eats too much ice cream!:)