Thursday, July 17, 2008

Just Stuff

Hi everyone!

Just a quick blog update to say hello and to fill you in on a few things in our lives...
  • We're in the midst of VBS at church this week and are doing the "Power Lab" theme. It's a great theme with great music, and the kiddos - all 200+ of them - seem to be loving it! Tonight is night number four. Woohoo - three down, two to go!
  • Nathan continues to work at a local grocery store while searching for something with better pay and more stable hours - and something where he can better use his skill set.
  • To help supplement our income during this unstable time in our lives, I'm looking for a part time job that will work around Nathan's schedule. Our ultimate goal is for him to find a position which will allow me to continue staying home with Jackson, but in the meantime, we'd like at least one of us to be home with him at all times so we don't have to put him in daycare. That would make me very sad. :-(
  • Nathan just finished reading a new book called "The Shack" and I am just starting to read it. I've heard great things about it, and Nathan loved it, but I'm having a hard time getting into it. Perhaps it's because the only time I have to read is when I go to bed, and by then I'm usually so exhausted I read about a page, then fall right asleep! Might take me a while to finish this book at that rate... Have any of you read it? Your thoughts?
  • Jackson is doing well and is obsessed with VBS music and "Nemo" these days. We gave him a buzz cut last week (well, Nathan did 99% of the work). It looks pretty cute! I'm amazed at how well he sat still for it.
  • Potty training begins next week. Pray for us! We're open to suggestions if anyone out there has had great success in potty training an active two-year old boy!

Everybody take care and enjoy the rest of your week...may God richly bless you!

Love,

Jill

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Yay for updates! We just had VBS at Central as well, I'm exhausted. Did you look into those links I sent you for health insurance? I've been hearing so many things about The Shack, I'm thinking of reading it myself!
Good luck on the potty training.
Love you!

The Coffey Grounds said...

Hi Jill,
Thanks for the updates on the Dalrympales! You need to change the top of your blog from Life in Our little house to Life in our beautiful home in Houston because that's not true anymore. LOL

Hey I visited BCC today and liked it alot. I've always enjoyed hearing your brother preach. I think he recognized me!

I've been chating with Angie on FB but had her confused with Stacey when she sang today. I wrote Angie a note telling her how much I enjoyed her voice! I'm such a nerd!

I'll try to call you this week so we can chat.
Miss you too!