In Jamaica we did the Dunn's River Falls shore excursion. Gene and Joan had been there before and loved it, and it was quite a sight to see, but it was raining that day and very crowded. There were four cruise ships in port that day and I'm pretty sure every person on all four ships thought Dunn's River Falls would be a good excursion. Wall to wall people climbing the falls! It was crazy, but I did it and I'm proud of myself!
In Grand Cayman we did the stingray/snorkel shore excursion. Oh.My.Goodness! We loved it! I had always wanted to see that beautiful, clear blue, warm Caribbean water, and Grand Cayman did not disappoint! The stingrays were amazing, and the snorkeling was so much fun. I felt like I was swimming in an aquarium! I was the first person off the boat to snorkel and the last person back on. I think I could live in Grand Cayman.



Our third stop was Cozumel. Once again we were in the land of beautiful water...like nothing I'd ever seen before! We decided to do our own thing that day. Gene rented a van and we drove a few miles to a beach club. There we enjoyed lunch and swimming. We drove all the way around the island and experienced the back side of Cozumel which isn't overrun by tourists. What a beautiful place!

Besides the three ports, we enjoyed three days at sea. On Carnival they are called "Fun Days at Sea" and that they are! The ship was beautiful, the shows were colorful, the service was impeccable, the food was magnificent, and the time together with family was priceless. We can't wait until our next cruise vacation!

4 comments:
Where was Jackson while you were off having fun? I'm sure you left him in the capable hands of someone who showed him a great time!
Hi Donna! Jackson stayed home in Arizona with his Uncle Scott & Aunt Sheli and had a wonderful time! It was my first time to be away from him, but he & I both did well (although I missed him terribly!).
hi jill, nathan & jackson!
sure was a fun trip - so glad we got to cruise together! can't wait to do it again!
love you,
joanie
Loved the pictures. Thanks for FINALLY posting on your blog! Looks like a great time.
Post a Comment