Friday, May 25, 2007

MAY

It's hard to believe that it's already May 25. The month has literally flown by for me. Much has happened since my last post!

First, we had a wonderful weekend visit from my parents, Grandma & Grandpa E., the last weekend of April. Jackson loves spending time with his family!

The next Saturday, May 5, my good, good friend Carla from Indiana flew to Arizona for a visit (her very first trip to Arizona). She stayed with us for a whole week and we had such a wonderful time. We didn't want to see her leave! (Carla & I met in January of 1980. I had just turned 13 and we were in 7th grade. I had just moved to Enid, Oklahoma, and she was my first friend there. That was a long, long time ago!) While she was here we spent lots of time talking and playing with Jackson. I hadn't seen Carla in 12 years, so it was her first time to meet Nathan & Jackson! She also experienced In-N-Out Burger for the first time, and we enjoyed a trip to Tombstone. She flew into Tucson and out of Phoenix, so we spent her last day in Arizona with my parents.
We celebrated my second Mother's Day on May 13! Jackson & Nathan gave me the most precious cards and treated me to a wonderful dinner at Claim Jumper.
Last weekend we spent with Nathan's side of the family in Sierra Vista for niece TyAnne's high school graduation. Congratulations, TyAnne! Not only did TyAnne graduate from high school, but 10 days earlier she graduated with an associates degree in culinary arts from the local community college...and she's only 17! TyAnne & her mom, Sheli, each graduated with a degree in culinary arts. Those two are geniuses in the kitchen! Way to go, Sheli & TyAnne! The best part of the weekend was seeing TyAnne's face when she saw her graduation gift from her parents...a 2006 Ford Mustang Convertible!
Now we are home and catching our breath...and doing laundry because...we are going on a week-long cruise on Sunday! Pictures & stories to come...



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jill ~

What a special time it was to spend an ENTIRE week with you and your sweet little family. Ahhhh... Reminiscing about the the "good ole days" (or something like that)... even if I was a terrible friend for forgetting that you were hailed "Enid High Band Queen"... I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me??? And, OH!!! Who did you say was running that video camera again? After great anticipation, the moment finally arrives for "the kiss", and the camera shuts off? Did you say Joanie did that??? (Joanie, if you're reading this, I'm back... along with a little harrassment for you!) It was such a treat to FINALLY meet Nathan and sweet little Jackson! You are so blessed! And I am blessed to call you my friend. Thank you for opening your home to me, and treating me like a queen during my visit. Let's try to not let another 12 years go by before we do this again, 'k? Please give your parents my love again... It was WONDERFUL to see them again, too!

I love you!